Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shooting from the Hip


Ready, don't aim, fire. This is a shot I took in Angelino Heights on a historian scavenger hunt. I had the camera in my hand; I bent over and just fired. I had no idea what was going to come out, and I think it's a pretty good image. I only took one shot. The image was taken at an f/8 aperture, and a 100 shutter speed, using my Canon 50D. Some of the images I shot later were some of my first night time shots and I will include those in anlater post. I love photographing architecture. It is my favorite types of landscape to shoot, urban landscape. Im really looking forward to my Documentary Landscape assignments as I will be able to shoot architecture more. I love the repetition, angles, and colors of architecture.

2 comments:

  1. Did you have the camera set on auto focus? I also like the way the camera angle exaggerates the roofs and the changes in the flights of stairs. If you had carefully composed I don't think that would have been as interesting as this "from the hip" shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with jan, what really makes the shot work is the angle it was shot in. Its always fun seeing dramatic angles and stairs

    ReplyDelete