Thursday, March 3, 2011

Manzanar - A different perspective

Since we were discussing Ansel Adams and Manzanar, I thought I'd post an image that I shot on a recent trip to that area. Visiting Manzanar is a profound experience. It is hard to believe that so many families were forced to live in those conditions.

However while walking down the road I was able to stop and notice the beauty of the area. It is amazing that those are the same mountains that have been documented by Ansel Adams and others in another time. It shows how insignificant we humans are in the bigger scheme of things.

3 comments:

  1. This shot is an amazing landscape shot.
    I really need to get with you sometime and check out all your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Bo took this shot! Just kidding! A+ for composition, depth of field and exposure - excellent! Was your camera at about F22?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shot Kip. The framing and thoughtfulness of the composition are sweet indeed. I would like to see some tweaking of the mountains and sky in the background to add a bit of richness to the color, and I would also like to see this in the greyscale version as well. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete