Thursday, March 3, 2011

A big moment in my life.

I apologize for the late post, it has been a hectic week. But as for the image above I realize it isn't a very interesting picture, or aesthetically pleasing picture, but the time and subject of the image are what hold meaning to me. This picture was taken with my phone right after I bought my first DSlR. I was so exited and so grateful for my grandfather because he had co-signed for a loan to buy this very camera, and he trusted in me to really put his credit to good use. The point of this image was to document a particular time in my life that was a true turning point. It has got me to think about how often we take pictures and why we do. Whether it is for pleasure, for beauty, or just purely to document.. we ALL take pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Kenny, let me know if you need collaboration with the "nighttime looks like daylight" or the "location" assignments. The above image is actually pretty good considering it was taken with a phone! The composition is excellent! You must have learned your skills from Craig!

    ReplyDelete