Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pink winter morning


Before getting into photography more seriously, I always thougt landscape meant scenes from nature - and only nature - but as we know, it can mean a number of things. This one was shot a few weeks ago, when visiting friends & family in my hometown of Gothenburg, Sweden, and obviously contains man made structures as well as infrastructure. To me it's important to capture feeling in a landscape photo, since I want to convey my own emotions about the place when shooting an image. I don't know if that's the case, but certainly hope to give the viewer some sort of feeling when looking at the image.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing color in the sky, this is a wonderful photograph, wish I was there right now. I like the curve of the landscape it draws your eye around the entire photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the sky. Although it looks cold out, somehow the picture feels warm. It makes me want to drink hot cocoa and sit by a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your interpretation of landscape. TJ said it already, but the pathway or edge of the river lead your eye through the photo to the boat. It pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete