Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Natural Landscape









I have always thought of landscape as exactly what it says...the scape or beauty of the land. And to me the natural environment is beautiful. The first 3 photos are traditional landscape photos.

I did not alter the color in the 4th photo. This is what came out of my camera the night I was shooting the sky.

I included the 5th photo because it incorporates a human element...something I never considered as part of a landscape...until now.

Any feedback is appreciated. I am looking for ways to improve.

5 comments:

  1. Christy, where did you shoot the first 3 images? Your composition is "dope"! Great exposures! Tell me about your camera settings on the 4th image. The human element in the 5th image doesn't detract from the landscape theme - I think it's an urban landscape and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Photographs Christy, My Favorite is second from the bottom, nice job . TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are so peaceful and serene; I can image being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy - beautiful traditional landscape and there is nothing wrong with that! Compositionally, nice geometry, repetition and texture. The colors pop but the lighting could be more dramatic.. a bit of a gray day. You may consider moving the horizon up or down in the frame - not so centered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Wendy, I love the first 3 shots but I think they would look even more amazing under different lighting

    ReplyDelete