Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Old LA Zoo

















These 2 photos were taken at the Old LA Zoo. This zoo was created in 1912 with only 15 animals. They closed it 1966 when the new zoo was built to accommodate more animals. I was shooting there for a class project. I began shooting through the eyes of the animals that once lived there. The top photo I shot from inside the cage. This is a view that the animal would have seen looking out. The bottom photo is a picture of the entire cage. I like the way it is surrounded by the landscape.







3 comments:

  1. I really would like to take the class to this location. It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops I wasn't finished... I love how you used the bars to frame the "landscape"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I really want to go here. This place looks fantastic. I love of the image from the animals point of view.

    ReplyDelete