Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring is definitely here!


Spring is my favourite season-closely followed by summer-which I tried to capture in these two images on a daytrip up to Ojai. It can be tricky to render a colour truthfully, and the sharp, apple green in the first image was really vibrant in reality. Would it be considered cheating to enhance the colour in Photoshop to make it look more like the hue in my memory of this field?
In the second one I opened up the fstop to focus on the sun hitting the grass, and got down low, hopefully catching that feeling of "laying in the grass, letting the world pass by" on a lazy summer's day.:-)

2 comments:

  1. I kind of got the lazy summer's day part, but that grass doesn't exactly look to comfortable lol. a little too spikey for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green field with the trees. The horizon line is perfect and there's nothing more annoying than a fence line that is crooked by mistake and yours is perfect. Great color as well. It's just so serene.

    ReplyDelete