Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Personal growth and Lasting memories

I know that this specific photograph has probably been taken time and time again by both photographers and tourist at Disneyland but the reason why I decided to post this image up was due to the story behind it. I had tried shooting this same photo time and time again but I was pushed over and over again by passers by which really frustrated me, finally my dad told me to get up on his shoulders to shoot, him being 6 foot tall and muscular people would not dare push him. My new shooting height also gave me the advantage of shooting the picture wit out any of the many tourist that had made my day a living hell. This was my first roll of slide film. I think its important to document moments like this for myself, that day I really felt like a kid at Disneyland once more thanks to my dad and as a photographer I opened my shooting possibilities to a new medium.

1 comment: