Thursday, February 10, 2011

This image, I took up in the Sierras last Fall. It has a lot of meaning to me, it reminds me of that little sense of serenity that truly does exist in such a hectic world we live in. There's something about Nature that really just blows me away. Growing up with parents who love to travel have really made me appreciate Nature, and all of its beauty. Being able to experience the beauty of Nature from not just the state of California, but from every single state on the west coast of the United States; you really begin to appreciate the difference and the individuality every bit Nature has to offer. The impact Nature has on me is greater than any word or group of words could describe. This photo I took just means so much to me.

3 comments:

  1. Can I give you a '5 rating' on your paragraph? I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is well composed and I love the "story" that goes along with it, but the light is so flat, so uninteresting that the image just lays there. Light is everything in PHOTOgraphy. Do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You!

    This was my first actual landscape ever taken with my camera on Manuel (RAWR Format). I was just learning about the importance of light after this shot, so I understand how you can say it is flat. If I compared this original shot to the edited shot you could really see the difference. However, I believe light is important because it creates the image, and truly gives it the edge and balance that it needs. It gives it life; it's more than just an image, it gives the ability to re-live that moment by just looking at the photo. If that makes any sense. I still am working on my lighting composure, it's one of the things I struggle with the most because I'm so interested in flash photography, and mainly photograph bands. This is a different scene for me, and I will gladly grasp and embrace every bit of advice given!

    ReplyDelete