Wednesday, February 9, 2011

dear, los angeles.

I love Los Angeles. I love photographing Los Angeles. I love living in Los Angeles. It's my home. It is a part of me.

The DCH is a puzzler of a building. It sits in the middle of Downtown where modern and classic collides; where the business professionals walk alongside the homeless; where the city becomes interesting.

I enjoy photographing LA because it is unlike any other city in the world, for better or worse. Unless you're a native Angeleno, you're oblivious to the luster of a place that can be both ugly and beautiful. Los Angeles has an amazing urban landscape that I choose to spotlight. I don't care to look at its mountains, trees, or streams. Those elements are not unique; they exist in every environment. But the people and culture in this city can exist only in this city. Thats what I want to show.

3 comments:

  1. I love Architectural Landscapes as well and it's funny to me that this bldg was built, right next to a Bldg created by an Architect who's ideas about architecture were that LESS IS MORE. I believe his name is Lewis Van Der Rohe. If you look to the left or possible west of this bldg. You will see a very large and very Tall beautiful and ,minimalist,looking bldg but equal in size and stature. Enjoy your city, I sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love the mishmash of LA. Nice composition of the Disney Concert Hall. Your image abstracted it, but it is still so recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the image of the Walt Disney Concert Hall. The composure of the image, as well as the lighting, and just everything about it. I love that concert hall; I guess I just have a personal attachment to that building. However, I definitely enjoy this image, a lot!

    ReplyDelete