Sunday, March 20, 2011

Desert Comfort


Tried using Nik's Color Efex Pro on these two images with some real success. On both, I used "Brilliance and Warmth" to warm, and "Tonal Contrast" to make this lovely couch pop from the background and sing once again. Shot both handheld with an image stabilizing lens. The first image was taken at f22 to get the starburst effect and is surprisingly sharp. The second one is sharp because I didn't shoot at f22. Had to add the starburst from a second image I took at f22, but which was too blurry to use otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Walter! Good "daylight taken at night"! Is this where you discard your old furniture? Ha Ha! I like the juxtaposition of our world and it's influence on nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could just be my eyes, but sitting back some 3 feet from my monitor I see both of these images as three dimensional. The first line of rocks behind the couch really separate from the ridge of rocks behind them. Anybody else see it?

    ReplyDelete