Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Since Blog Wars Has Been Extended....

I was thinking the other day (always a scary proposition) on the bus to the St. Francis Dam site that it is odd that we humans go to great lengths to visit nature or historical places. I think our forefathers would laugh at what we go through. We are loaded on buses with folks we probably don't know, given provisions just so we won't faint away (like we can't plan ourselves?!) and guided to the exact location so we can "experience" the setting. It is almost comical. Anyway in researching a historical place, I too bought into this kind of behavior, at least I can report that I did hike up to the top of one edge of where the dam once stood :)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should do research on the historical bus lines that herd you to your "Experiences". Wells Fargo was once more than a bank you know. BTW - I like people shooting. This image tells a story of more than "Destination Arrived". Other than the blog comment, I am interested in what you were thinking when you shot this Kip. Was it about the reflection, or the perspective, or were you thinking about how this image was going to fit into your story series? Lets talk later and ruminate on each other's projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought behind the image was to tell the story through the lens of the camera. It wasn't taken to be in the series. I was thinking about what I posted and decided to document it with the shot. So in short, I worked on getting this particular shot with the buses, the landscape, the reflection and the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your composition and use of reflection in this photo! Good job, Kip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photograph , it speaks for itself.

    ReplyDelete