Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What is landscape?

I was extremely excited after listening to what the landscape class entailed. The idea of landscape being more of a story than just an image motivated me to post this image.I've always been fond of lighthouses, especially those with an intact Fresnel lens. These structures which are usually found dotting our coastline are a representation of an era gone by.

This particular lighthouse, Pigeon Point, also was once a Coast Guard facility. It is now a Hostel which welcomes visitors from around the world. I took this image when we visited recently. To me this image is also a representation of landscape - maybe not traditional, but landscape nonetheless.


2 comments:

  1. Kip,

    I liked that you included information about the place you photographed and why you found the subject matter interesting. It is clear from your post that you have done some research and it broadens your ability to approach the subject. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kip,
    I always enjoy looking at your photos.
    Looking forward to photographing with you!

    ReplyDelete