Saturday, March 26, 2011

Filmore Steam

This is not a night to day shot but something interesting the wife and I did today. Engine #14 is a Baldwin 2-8-0 consolidated steam locomotive originally built for the Duluth & Northwestern RR in 1913. It was purchased in 1999 by Filmore & Western from the Dodge City RR in Dodge City, Kansas. Filmore & Western restored it and converted it to an oil burner from coal in 2010. We took a 40 minute ride on the train and I sure do love the sound of a steam locomotive and whistle. Wendy has turned me on to low angle shots and it sure is paying off.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot Charlie. It works for me big time. If you look closely you can see James West hitting on a barmaid while Artemus Gordon is finishing up the secret trap door trigger mechanism. I hear President Ulysses S. Grant is on board to deliver the latest plan to stop Dr. Loveless from taking over the US west of the Mississippi. You got it all in this one image. Oh yeah, the comp is good and the angle is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Tony - I actually know what your talking about...I loved that series! Great shot Charlie!

    ReplyDelete