Saturday, February 12, 2011

What's in a Lansdscape ?



I am usually a portraits and Black and white kind of guy, but when I decided to try out some color film and shot this photo I fell in love with it. The owner of Bottle Village in Simi valley had in her madness set up this beautiful scenery that passers by had neglected to see. As much as I personally like this shot I couldn't decide weather or not it could be considered a Landscape. After asking around I got mixed responses, some claimed it was a portrait of the figurine and some thought it was a landscape. So my question to you now is this; whats your opinion? Is this a landscape or a portrait and why?

4 comments:

  1. I say Landscape. I like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how it can be both a landscape and a portrait. I really like how vibrant the blue bottles are, and the perspective is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What comes to mind is “Just One More for the Road.” My idea of a good photograph is one that gets your attention and you have done that. Good eye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are thinking about what landscape can be. I also like that you are stretching your comfort zone and trying something beyond bw.

    ReplyDelete