Thursday, February 24, 2011

Speculations

Since I was shooting blind I decided to use a wide angle lens knowing that I had a better chance of capturing my subjects in the frame. This was shot using Ilford Delta 400.

I spent about an hour trying to come up with different stories and scenarios to go with this photograph. What is it that is being documented? Is it a photograph about a man on his way to MOCA or about the everyday life of a starving artist trying to make a few bucks by playing on the streets. sometimes all we can do is speculate.

6 comments:

  1. I like the contrast, patterns and textures in your image. I wish the man walking didn't feel so centered, but if you waited he may have blended with the people behind him. It's a little hard to see the people. At first I thought you meant you were the starving artist! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pinpoint exactly why, but I like this photo a lot. It feels like a documentary photo to me, maybe just everyday life in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This composition is really good. I like how the man in the center is framed by the lamp posts and how even the lens flare kind of points to him. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. spooky image. but nonetheless beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing moment , great hip work, I say give those hips a work out and you might end up with a Gallery show of your own.

    ReplyDelete